Thursday, June 5, 2014

Visiting Pittsylvania County, Virginia

For my anniversary, my husband surprised me by taking me to Virginia. We went to Pittsylvania County, and I got to take pictures of things I have always wanted to see!




Like this cemetery...


Green Bay Christian Church in Chatham, Virginia


With these graves...

Pomp Fenity's headstone in Green Bay Christian Church cemetery

Catherine Fenity Morton's headstone in Green Bay Christian Church cemetery

And THIS cemetery...


Keatts Farm Family Cemetery in Chatham, Virginia


With THESE graves!


Charles Lee Keatts, buried in the Keatts Farm Family Cemetery, with his second wife Fannie Crews

And Annie Rorer Fenity! No clue as to what she's doing in the Keatts cemetery, but I'll take it!

I was also able to get the Keatts cemetery up on Google Maps, which should make it easier to find than ever before. (And trust me. It was NOT easy to find!)





It was a fantastic trip, one I'll always remember. Couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my first anniversary!

Popular Posts