Thursday, June 20, 2013

Obituary: Pearl May Bartlett

Obituary for Pearl May Bartlett Doyle
Published in the Cecil Whig, October 19,1966

Those who follow along on Twitter know that I just got married. This means that my life has been in total disarray for almost a month as I've been unpacking. But unpacking has been really exciting on some fronts--seeing things I forgot I had and now have the space and freedom to take out. And for my husband and I--both genealogy nerds--it has been a time of discovery and organization for all of our records.

I found this obituary shoved inside of a book inside of a box, which I'm pretty sure had been inside of another box every since I originally made the copy. It was an important find too. Even though I already have all of this information gathered and written into my family tree, I have one more piece of information I need to find a death date for Glenn E. Doyle. I've never found one, but at least now I know that as of October of 1966, he was still alive.

Sometimes the step in the right direction happen in the most unexpected ways. But getting organized is always key.

Popular Posts